My name is Steve Preins, the lead instructor and course author at ICA. If you are on the fence about starting a career in home inspection, this message is for you.
You’d be surprised how many phone calls we get from people who have been looking into changing their career for months – sometimes years – without ever stepping forward and taking a leap of faith to try something new.
Life is a series of choices, each one shaping the narrative of our lives. Many times we find ourselves at a crossroads, with the power to decide the next chapter of our story. Pursuing a new career is one of the most important choices we can make, as it will inform our future success.
You may currently find yourself in a job where you’re not entirely happy. Perhaps you’re answering to someone else, working on their schedule instead of your own, and feeling like you’re not reaching your full potential. This is a common feeling, and it’s a sign that you’re ready for a change and growth.
There is always risk in trying something new, however it’s important to remember that not taking action is also a risk. Staying in a job where you’re unhappy or unfulfilled can lead to stagnation and regret. On the other hand, taking the leap into a new career can open up a world of opportunities and benefits.
Imagine this: Six months from now, you could be your own boss, setting your own schedule, and earning an average of $400 per inspection. This could be your story if you choose to take action and get started now. Alternatively, you could still be in your current job, still deciding what’s best for you.
The benefits of a career in home inspection
A career in home inspection offers numerous benefits. Here are just a few:
- High Demand for Inspectors: Almost every state in the US has a shortage of professional inspectors. With the real estate markets booming, there is more demand than ever for inspections.
- Financial Independence: With an average earning of $400 per inspection, you have the potential to earn a substantial income. If you were to perform just four inspections per week, you could earn almost $80,000 in a year.
- Flexibility: As a home inspector, you have the freedom to set your own schedule. This flexibility allows you to balance your work with other important aspects of your life.
- Job Satisfaction: Home inspectors play a crucial role in the real estate industry. You’ll be helping people make informed decisions about one of the most significant investments of their lives – their homes.
- Less Physically Demanding: Unlike many other trades, home inspection is not as physically demanding, making it a viable career choice for individuals looking for a change from more strenuous work.
- Be Your Own Boss: As a home inspector, you have the opportunity to become an entrepreneur. You can build your own business from the ground up, making decisions that align with your personal and professional goals.
What sets ICA apart from other schools
Our training program is designed to provide you with all the tools you need to succeed in this field. We offer both in-person and online training, and our comprehensive curriculum includes preparation for the National Home Inspector Exam or State Exam, depending on your location. We also provide free report writing software, a tool that our competitors often charge hundreds more for.
What sets us apart is our personalized approach. Our expert team is always just a phone call away, ready to answer your questions and guide you through the learning process. We understand that finances can be a barrier for some, which is why we offer financing options to help you afford our training.
Remember, every journey begins with a single step. It’s okay to take your time, to weigh your options, and to decide when you’re ready. We’re here to support you whenever you choose to start this journey. Our team is always available to answer your questions and guide you through the process. If you’d like to learn more, please don’t hesitate to call me directly. I wish you luck in your future career endeavors.
We all get to write our own story. Make sure yours is one you’re proud to tell.
ICA Lead Instructor & Course Author