Inspection Certification Associates is proud to announce that beginning October 7, 2020, home inspection training through Inspection Certification Associates (ICA School) can now be fully covered by the Army Credentialing Assistance Program for eligible Army service members.
Inspection Certification Associates is an excellent choice for training to become a home inspector. The Army COOL program will cover all the costs, including bonus courses. ICA bonus courses can help you diversify your skillset and provide you with a wide array of specialized skills to offer your clients. You can train to become a certified home inspector anywhere if you have WiFi access. Learn more about the Army COOL program and how ICA can help improve your life after military service.
What Is the COOL Program?
The Army COOL (Army Credentialing Opportunities On-Line) Program offers up to $4,000 in assistance each year to soldiers who wish to pursue continuing education credits.
Army Credentialing Assistance provides financial assistance for classroom and online training, manuals, study guides, books, testing fees, and other fees related to continuing education so soldiers can earn education credits to either enhance their current skills, or gain new skills in an occupation they want to pursue after military service.
Who Can Take Advantage of Army COOL?
- Active-duty Army soldiers
- Army National Guard soldiers
- United States Army Reserve soldiers
- Warrant Officers
- Commissioned Officers
- Enlisted Soldiers
How Do I Enroll in the Army COOL Program?
You can apply for assistance through the Army’s IgnitED website. You must submit your CA request at least 30 business days prior to the course or exam start date. You can view information on the CA program at www.cool.osd.mil/army and click on Credentialing Assistance.
Here are the steps for applying:
- Visit the IgnitED website at https://armyignited.com/app/ and register
- Select the credential path you wish to pursue
- Request Credential Assistance funding
- Select Inspection Certification Associates (ICA School) as the vendor
- Select the course you wish to take
- You will be notified when your CA request is approved
Does the Army Pay for Certifications?
The Army will pay for certifications. However, there is a difference between a certification and a certificate. Certifications are offered by non-governmental agencies and are voluntary credentials.
Non-governmental agencies set professional standards for qualifications. Whereas certificates are more educationally focused rather than occupational. You can enroll in Inspection Certification Associates, complete the courses at your pace, take the exams, and prepare to enter an occupation that is both financially and personally rewarding.
What is Credentialing Assistance?
The Army Credentialing Assistance (CA) Program can pay for credentials that can enhance your skills and make you better qualified in various occupations, including in-demand Home Inspector careers. Army service members can take advantage of this credentialing assistance opportunity during and after military service. Please note that you may have to pay some expenses out of pocket.
Use Your Army Certification Assistance to Become a Home Inspector
There are numerous career opportunities for anyone who has completed military service. Ex-military service members have the discipline and training experience required to become home inspectors.
The great news is that the Army COOL program can help you become a certified home inspector! If you’re still active-duty military, you can get started with Army training online courses at your own pace.
Why get your home inspection certificate? A home inspector career has many benefits. You can either be your own business or work with a company specializing in home inspections. A typical home inspection takes about 2 hours to complete for an average size home, so it offers flexible scheduling opportunities. Plan to stay in the military? You can continue with your military service as a person in the reserves and work part-time as a home inspector.
Why Choose ICA’s Home Inspection Training?
If you’re looking to start a new career as a home inspector, our cost-effective and comprehensive courses are the perfect place to start. Our team of industry experts will provide you with the knowledge and skills to become an expert in the home inspection field. Use the Army COOL program to enroll with Inspection Certification Associates, and you will also receive expert training in a variety of specialized home inspection training courses to diversify your portfolio, such as:
- Commercial Property Inspection: complete this course and be trained to inspect properties such as restaurants, offices, and health care facilities.
- Home Inspector Exam Prep Course: will help you pass the National Home Inspectors Exam on your first try
- Marketing for Home Inspectors: learn how to build and market your business from industry experts.
- Mold Inspection: a valuable add-service you can offer to both residential and commercial customers
- Radon Inspection: learn everything you need to perform radon inspections on commercial and residential buildings
- Drone Inspection: learn how to use a drone correctly to inspect the roof of a home
- Mobile, Manufactured, Tiny, and Log Home Inspection: Our course provides the training to help you keep up with the growing need to inspect these types of homes.
- Wood Destroying Organisms: learn how to educate your clients about the different wood-destroying organisms.
- Pool and Spa Inspection: learn about the vital components of pools and spas, such as pumps, heaters, and filters.
- Smart Home Inspection: keep up with the times and learn how to inspect homes that incorporate smart home technology.
- Septic inspection: a must-have course for anyone wishing to work in rural communities.
- Thermal Imaging: a great course that can help you provide greater insight regarding the condition of your client’s property.
- Irrigation and Sprinkler System Inspection: learn how to inspect lawn irrigation systems more appropriately.
- Asbestos Inspection: learn how to identify asbestos in a home and what to do if you suspect it in a home. A valuable course that can protect the health of your customers.
- Lead Paint Inspection: learn how to identify testing procedures and report lead-based paint issues.
- Building a Multi-Inspector Business Course: whether you’re working on your own or building a team of home inspectors, this course will help you develop and grow your business.
- Wall Water Testing and Inspection Course: learn about the health, safety, and welfare issues surrounding Well Water Testing and be better prepared to answer clients’ questions regarding the water quality and the condition of their well.
When you enroll in ICA’s home inspection classes, you’ll also receive the Report Form Pro NITRO reporting software for no additional fee. We include it in our training courses so students can use it during training while conducting practice inspections, meaning you’ll be an expert by the time you graduate.
With ICA School, you’ll receive one-on-one support every step of the way. If you’re ready to begin your journey to becoming a home inspector, give us a call at 888-374-4096 and we’ll guide you through the rest.