to Register Now!
- August 2 – 4, 2019 ($1,295) Register
- September 27 – 29, 2019 ($1,295) Register
- November 8 – 10, 2019 ($1,295) Register
- December 13 – 15, 2019 ($1,295) Register
- October 5 – 12, 2019 ($1,695) Register
- June 8 – 15, 2019 ($1,395) Register
- August 3 – 10, 2019 ($1,395) Register
- October 5 – 12, 2019 ($1,395) Register
- December 7 – 14, 2019 ($1,395) Register
ICA Home Inspection Classes and Field Training
In some parts of the country, Inspection Certification Associates offers home inspector classroom training. As with our online training, ICA classroom training is all-encompassing home inspection program available anywhere. All home inspection classes are taught by instructors who are highly-experienced certified home inspection professionals. Leaders in the field, these teachers are patient and careful to deliver material that’s engaging and informative. You’ll never feel left behind with these experts at the front of the classroom!
Unlike some other home inspection programs, our course materials are consistently updated to include the latest guidelines and techniques. Our curriculum reflects the constantly evolving trends, technology, and tools used by real home inspectors every day. In our classrooms, you’ll learn everything from home inspection basics to how to start and promote a real estate inspection business in your new career as a certified home inspector. We leave no stone unturned in our mission to educate and prepare new home inspectors for work in the field. In many areas of the country, you’ll also have an opportunity to accompany a professional inspector on an actual home inspection.
This kind of hands-on learning is essential for success as a home inspector. While classroom learning can get you far, there’s nothing quite like being in the field to get a complete understanding of the role you’ll play in your new profession. The professionals we partner with to provide these “ride along” inspection experiences are patient and eager to teach you the ropes. There’s truly no better way to get a taste of what your future career has in store!
Home Inspection Classroom Training: What’s Covered?
You’d be surprised at just how much you can learn in a few short hours of home inspection classes. Those who complete our program walk away with the knowledge necessary to begin their own home inspection business. Even if you’re not an aspiring entrepreneur, the material covered in our courses is enough to inform any career path you might choose. Working for yourself isn’t for everyone, but the principles of home inspection can apply whether you own your own home inspection business or are working for someone else.
Here’s a quick summary of the topics ICA instructors will cover during your home inspection classroom training:
- Home Inspection Overview – Introduction to the home inspection industry
- Business and Legal Aspects – Forming a home inspection business, client/inspector agreements, insurance and marketing requirements
- Inspection Process – Inspection practice standards and methods
- Roofing – Roofing terms and roof materials, basic and advanced roof inspections, detecting roof defects
- Home Exterior – Site and grading, siding materials and trim, exterior defects, porches and decks, paving and vegetation
- Structure – Basics of foundations, beams, joists, trusses, roof, framing, inspecting structures and detecting structural defects
- House Interior – Interior rooms, attics, walls and insulation, windows and doors, bathrooms, kitchens and appliances, basements and crawl spaces
- Plumbing – Supply lines, waste piping, connections, vents, drainage, fixtures and faucets, water heaters, fuel storage and lines, sump pumps and ejector pumps
- Heating System – Combustion requirements, forced air heating, hydronic heating, space heaters, fireplaces and chimneys, wood stoves and vents
- Air Conditioning – Basics of refrigeration, split systems, ductless systems, geothermal and air source heat pumps
- Electrical Systems – Theory of electricity, drops and distribution, wire gauges, main panels and subpanels, switches and outlets, fixtures, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Reporting – Preparing written reports for the client, including using Report Form 2 software with digital devices
- Marketing the Business – Techniques and strategies for building a successful home inspection business
- Commercial Inspections – Inspecting commercial buildings, understanding American Society for Testing Materials (ASTM)’s international standards
- Using Drones During Inspections – Inspecting rooftops with drones
Every ICA student who registers for our home inspection classroom training will also gain access to our online portal. There, you can complete bonus courses that will allow you to hone your expertise in areas like pool and hot tub inspection, thermal imaging, irrigation and sprinkler inspection and more. You’ll have access to these course materials for as long as you need, making it convenient to get started in the field and return to the bonus classes to focus in on areas where you need more knowledge.
After completing Inspector Certification Associates’ home inspection classroom training, you’ll have met the home inspector educational requirements for most states throughout the country. You’ll also be qualified to start conducting your own real-life home inspections. There are few careers that allow you to train and begin working in the field quite as quickly as home inspection. It’s a great option for anyone frustrated with their current field and eager to roll up their sleeves and start anew. Even if you don’t have a background in construction, you’ll be knowledgeable and ready to take clients after completing our home inspection classes. Don’t just take our word for it—see what some of our graduates have said about ICA home inspection training.
Home Inspection Field Training
In addition to our structured classroom home inspection programs, we offer on-demand home inspection field training for our online home inspection students in the locations listed below. After completing our online home inspection school, if you would like to go out and perform some field training with an experienced home inspector you can do so for $60 per ride-along home inspection. This is a popular option, giving you the chance to see exactly what your new career has in store from day to day. While classes can provide the training you need to succeed in the field, a ride-along home inspection can provide the insight you need to prepare for work in the industry. While not required for certification, this option is a good one for anyone seeking a preview of the ins and outs of the daily duties of a home inspector.
If you’re ready to launch your new career, sign up for our home inspection classes today!
to Register Now!
- Brea, CA
- Victorville, CA
- Fort Collins, CO
- Highlands Ranch, CO
- Spring Hill, FL
- Tallahassee, FL
- Cartersville, GA
- Savannah, GA
- Kapaa, HI
- Keokuk, IA
- Post Falls, ID
- Lombard, IL
- Oak Lawn, IL
- Plainfield , IL
- Plano, IL
- Wilmington, IL
- Minneapolis / St. Paul, MN
- Branson, MO
- Medford, OR
- Telford, PA
- Roanoke, VA
- Chesapeake, VA
- Warrenton, VA
There are also additional mentorship opportunities available for our graduates with ASHI, InterNACHI and other membership organizations. All of our graduates receive a free one-year membership to InterNACHI.