4 Steps to Becoming a Home Inspector in Alabama
To become a licensed home inspector in Alabama you will need to complete the following steps:
- Pass the ICA Online Home Inspection Certification Program. Our course fully meets the Alabama 120 hour requirement.
- Pass the National Home Inspectors Exam and the ASHI Standards & Ethics Exam. ICA will fully prepare you to pass both of these tests.
- Take advantage of the free one-month membership ICA provides to InterNACHI. This membership is a state requirement when you apply in Alabama. We include this for all graduates.
- Participate in 35 Home Inspections with a home inspector who has five or more years of experience as a home inspector.
At this point, you will be qualified to start your own home inspection business or qualify to work for an existing home inspection company.
Alabama Home Inspection Licensing Requirements
Requirements to become a home inspector in Alabama, as outlined by the Alabama Department of Finance, Real Property Management, Division of Construction Management, include:
- Completion of a minimum of 120 hours of approved home inspector education & participation in 35 home inspections
- Completion of a minimum of 35 hours of approved home inspector education courses and participation in 100 home inspections
- Pass the ASHI Standards and Ethics Examinations
- Pass the National Home Inspector Examination
- Drafting of 25 home inspection reports
- Valid insurance certificate that meets minimum coverage requirements