West Virginia is one of just a few states that require classroom home inspection training to become a state licensed home inspector. Inspection Certification Associates is fully approved to provide this home inspection classroom training.
Become a Home Inspector in West Virginia in 2 Steps:
Step One: Complete a state-approved home inspection training course that is at least 80 hours in length. The ICA home inspection classroom training program is fully approved to fulfill this requirement. In West Virginia the governing body for home inspectors is the WV Office of State Fire Marshal. You can click here to view our listing on their list of approved schools. Our course is 8 consecutive days in length, beginning on a Saturday and ending the following Saturday. Tuition is $1,495. Covid-19 Update: The WV State Fire Marshal’s Office is allowing ICA to offer the 8 day class in an interactive Virtual Online Webinar class for all 80 hours through May 31st, 2021. Here is the approval letter from the board.
Step Two: Take and pass the National Home Inspectors Exam. We fully prepare all students for the National Home Inspectors Exam and include a 200 page online study guide as well as 700 exam prep practice questions.
West Virginia Approved Home Inspection Classroom Course Schedule
Tuition for the course is $1,495, including all training materials and numerous valuable extras. Course duration is 8 consecutive days from 8am – 6pm.
Charleston/Cross Lanes, WV 8-Day Classroom Course
|Live Webinar||May 15-22, 2021|
(Includes Online Course)
|Cross Lanes, WV||May 29-June 5, 2021|
(Includes Online Course)
|Cross Lanes, WV||October 2-9, 2021|
(Includes Online Course)
How the ICA Real Estate Inspection Certification Program Can Help
What’s Included in a West Virginia Home Inspection?
West Virginia defines a home inspection as a written evaluation of one or more of the following components of a residence:
- Structural elements
- Interior and exterior components
- Heating and cooling systems
- Plumbing system
- Any other house-related component
All these and more are covered when you choose ICA for your 80-hour West Virginia home inspection license training.
What ICA’s West Virginia Home Inspection Training Includes
Here are some of the topics covered in ICA’s home inspection classroom training:
- Home Inspection Overview – Introduction to the home inspection industry
- Business and Legal Aspects – Starting a home inspection business, pre-inspection agreements, insurance and marketing needs
- Conducting an Inspection – Inspection industry standards and methods
- Roofs – Terms, materials, basic and advanced roof inspections, detecting roof defects
- The Home’s Exterior – Site and grading considerations, trim, porches, decks and railings, paving and vegetation
- Structural Components – Foundations, beams, joists, trusses, roof and framing
- Inside the Home – Individual rooms, windows, walls and doors, attics and insulation, bathrooms, kitchens, basements and crawlspaces
- The Plumbing System– Water supply lines, waste piping, connections, vents, drainage, fixtures and faucets, water heaters, sump pumps and ejector pumps
- The Heating System – Forced air heating, hydronic heating, space heaters, fireplaces and chimneys, wood stoves and vents
- The Air Conditioning System – Refrigeration basics, ductless systems, split systems, air source and geothermal heat pumps
- The House’s Electrical Systems – Theory of electricity, drops and distribution, wire gauges, main panels and subpanels, switches and outlets, fixtures, carbon monoxide and smoke detectors
- Inspection Reports – Preparing written reports with digital devices using Report Form Pro Nitro software
- Marketing Your Home Inspection Business – Techniques and strategies for starting and growing a home inspection business
- Commercial Inspections – Inspecting commercial properties
- Using Drones During Inspections – How to inspect rooftops with drones
When you’ve completed Inspection Certification Associates’ West Virginia Home Inspection Classroom Training, you’ll be ready to sit for the West Virginia home inspector license exam. Once you’ve passed the exam and received your license, you’ll be qualified to perform home inspections anywhere in West Virginia.
Valuable Extras To Home Inspection Training
Students enrolled in ICA’s West Virginia home inspection classroom training also have access to our Online Home Inspection Course and Training Materials. You’ll also receive Radon and Mold training and certification, which is a $200 value. Unlike most other home inspection trainers, radon and mold training is included with your ICA tuition.
Here are more valuable features included with ICA’s classroom home inspection training:
- Lifetime access to our online home inspection training program
- Residential and commercial inspection certifications
- Free one-month membership to the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors – InterNACHI
- Report Form Pro Nitro Inspection Report Software for mobile devices ($399 value)
- Free lifetime listing in the HireAnInspector.com directory
- Unlimited lifetime support from the ICA staff
- Downloadable video training models for accessing course materials when there’s no Internet connection
- Free downloads of reference materials in ICA’s extensive online library
- Lifetime access to all ICA home inspection courses and training materials
- Online refresher training, including access to all annual course updates
Enroll now! You could be starting a new career and opening your own business as a licensed West Virginia home inspector in just a few short weeks.