West Virginia is one of just a few states that require classroom home inspection training to become a state licensed home inspector. Inspection Certification Associates is fully approved to provide this home inspection classroom training.
Become a Home Inspector in West Virginia in 2 Steps:
Step One: Complete a state-approved home inspection training course that is at least 80 hours in length. The ICA home inspection classroom training program is fully approved to fulfill this requirement. In West Virginia the governing body for home inspectors is the WV Office of State Fire Marshal. You can view our listing on the HI Approve Certification Course List of approved schools. Our course is 8 consecutive days in length, beginning on a Saturday and ending the following Saturday. Tuition is $1,495.
Step Two: Take and pass the National Home Inspectors Exam. We fully prepare all students for the National Home Inspectors Exam and include a 200-page online study guide as well as 700 exam prep practice questions.
We not only help you get licensed we help you supercharge your career and business with everything you need to be successful. ICA’s membership portal, Edcetera Home Inspection, provides you with ongoing support and training resources throughout your career. New students who enroll in a home inspection licensing course with ICA receive a one-year membership for free, a $99 value!
West Virginia Approved Home Inspection Classroom Course Schedule
Tuition for the course is $1,495, including all training materials and numerous valuable extras. Course duration is 8 consecutive days from 8am – 6pm.
Charleston/Cross Lanes, WV 8-Day Classroom Course
|Cross Lanes, WV||September 30 - October 7, 2023|
(Includes Online Course)
|Morgantown, WV||February 17 - 24, 2024|
(Includes Online Course)
How the ICA Real Estate Inspection Certification Program Can Help
What’s Included in a West Virginia Home Inspection?
West Virginia defines a home inspection as a written evaluation of one or more of the following components of a residence:
- Structural elements
- Interior and exterior components
- Heating and cooling systems
- Plumbing system
- Any other house-related component
All these and more are covered when you choose ICA for your 80-hour West Virginia home inspection license training.
What ICA’s West Virginia Home Inspection Training Includes
Here are some of the topics covered in ICA’s home inspection classroom training:
- Home Inspection Overview – Introduction to the home inspection industry
- Business and Legal Aspects – Starting a home inspection business, pre-inspection agreements, insurance and marketing needs
- Conducting an Inspection – Inspection industry standards and methods
- Roofs – Terms, materials, basic and advanced roof inspections, detecting roof defects
- The Home’s Exterior – Site and grading considerations, trim, porches, decks and railings, paving and vegetation
- Structural Components – Foundations, beams, joists, trusses, roof and framing
- Inside the Home – Individual rooms, windows, walls and doors, attics and insulation, bathrooms, kitchens, basements and crawlspaces
- The Plumbing System– Water supply lines, waste piping, connections, vents, drainage, fixtures and faucets, water heaters, sump pumps and ejector pumps
- The Heating System – Forced air heating, hydronic heating, space heaters, fireplaces and chimneys, wood stoves and vents
- The Air Conditioning System – Refrigeration basics, ductless systems, split systems, air source and geothermal heat pumps
- The House’s Electrical Systems – Theory of electricity, drops and distribution, wire gauges, main panels and subpanels, switches and outlets, fixtures, carbon monoxide and smoke detectors
- Inspection Reports – Preparing written reports with digital devices using Report Form Pro Nitro software
- Marketing Your Home Inspection Business – Techniques and strategies for starting and growing a home inspection business
- Commercial Inspections – Inspecting commercial properties
- Using Drones During Inspections – How to inspect rooftops with drones
When you’ve completed Inspection Certification Associates’ West Virginia Home Inspection Classroom Training, you’ll be ready to sit for the West Virginia home inspector license exam. Once you’ve passed the exam and received your license, you’ll be qualified to perform home inspections anywhere in West Virginia.
Valuable Extras To Home Inspection Training
Students enrolled in ICA’s West Virginia home inspection classroom training also have access to our Online Home Inspection Course and Training Materials. You’ll also receive our Radon and Mold introductory bonus courses, which are a $200 value. Unlike most other home inspection trainers, radon and mold training is included with your ICA tuition.
Here are more valuable features included with ICA’s classroom home inspection training:
- Lifetime access to our online home inspection training program
- Residential and commercial inspection certifications
- Free one-month membership to the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors – InterNACHI
- Report Form Pro Nitro Inspection Report Software for mobile devices ($399 value) ICA students may upgrade to Spectora home inspection software as part of our exclusive partnership – or use Report Form Pro Nitro software, which is included in our home inspection training at no charge.