It is a very straightforward process to become a licensed home inspector in the State of Georgia.
Steps to become a certified home inspector in Georgia:
- Complete the ICA home inspection training course. We will provide you with all the training and information you need to successfully perform home inspections in the state of Georgia.
- Start your own home inspection business or go to work for an existing Georgia home inspection company!
Becoming a home inspector in Georgia is a simple process. Where there are houses to be bought and sold, there is work for home inspectors. It’s among the 22 states where licenses aren’t required to legally perform home inspections. Although Georgia home inspector licenses aren’t needed, homebuyers, real estate agents and other prospective clients still want to know that an inspector they’re considering hiring is qualified to conduct professional home inspections. If you’re curious about Georgia home inspector prospects and are considering learning the trade, you’ve come to the right place. Inspection Certification Associates’ home inspector training and certification program can help.
How to Become a Home Inspector in Georgia
To earn your home inspector license in Georgia, you’ll first need to learn the fundamentals. While not strictly required by the state, a home inspection course like the one offered by ICA can help educate you on the essentials of residential and commercial inspections. Georgia is actually one of the few states with no formal requirements for home inspection training. Still, realtors, buyers and sellers will typically only hire home inspectors with the education and training to back up their work. That’s where our home inspection training in Georgia can help.
If your wondering how to become a home inspector in Georgia, ICA is the answer. ICA outshines our competitors by offering only the very best training for Georgia home inspectors. We’ve been training and certifying home inspectors throughout the country for over 20 years. Our online home inspector training has been recognized and approved by industry organizations like Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI) and the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) who have granted ICA their prestigious Gold certification. These groups are well-respected by professional home inspectors across the country and provide long-term support for home inspectors in training as well as those already working as professionals. What’s more, all ICA graduates receive a one-year membership to InterNACHI. This will prove instrumental to your success after learning how to be a home inspector in Georgia.
ICA Is Your Best Choice for Training to Become a Home Inspector in Georgia
ICA is a fast, convenient and affordable way to become a Georgia home inspector. Aspiring Georgia home inspectors who sign up for our training course receive access to all training materials are available online 24/7, and can be accessed with a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer anywhere there’s an Internet connection. There’s no time limit for finishing ICA training. Students complete their studies whenever it’s convenient. Even after you complete our training course, you’ll have unlimited access to our content. This will come in handy as you inspect different kinds of properties with different kinds of challenges through the years.
ICA membership comes with a whole host of perks that will keep on giving over the lifetime of your new career. Moreover, if you will sign up for our ICA training, you will receive valuable bonus courses on topics like mold and radon detection. These classes are normally expensive add-ons for inspectors in training, but ICA students receive them free of charge. Such courses help you diversify your education and ensure you can offer the services most in demand by clients.
After receiving your Georgia home inspector certification through ICA, you’ll be qualified to work for an established inspection company or start your own business inspecting properties in Georgia. Here are some of the topics covered in our online Home Inspector Training Program:
- Home Inspection as a Profession – Overview of the home inspection industry and the life of a professional home inspector
- Business and Legal Considerations for Home Inspection Businesses – Operating a home inspection business, the importance of client/inspector agreements, errors & omissions (E&O), general liability and other insurance requirements
- Conducting Home Inspections – Home inspection methods and industry standards
- The Home’s Rooftop – Roof types, roofing terms, roof materials, uncovering roof defects
- Exterior of the Home – Site conditions and drainage, stucco and siding, porches, decks, balconies and railings, paving and vegetation
- Structural Components of a House – Inspecting footings and foundations, beams, joists, trusses, framing; detecting structural defects
- The Home’s Interior – Individual rooms and interior walls, attics and insulation, fireplaces and chimneys, windows, interior doors, bathrooms, kitchens and kitchen appliances, basements and crawl spaces
- The Plumbing System – Supply lines, waste piping, septic systems, septic tanks and leach fields, connections, drains, vents, kitchen and bathroom fixtures and faucets, water heaters, fuel storage tanks and lines, sump pumps and ejector pumps
- The Heating System – Principles of fossil fuel combustion, forced air heating, hydronic heating, wall heaters, fireplaces and chimneys, wood stoves and ventilation
- The Air Conditioning System – Basics of refrigeration, split A/C systems, ductless systems and heat pumps
- The Home’s Electrical System – Theory of electricity, drops and distribution, main panels and subpanels, wire gauges, switches and outlets, electrical fixtures, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Issuing Inspection Reports – Preparing reports for clients, including how to use Report Form 2 inspection report software with digital devices (if purchased separately, Report Form 2 is a $399 value, but it’s included free with your ICA training)
- Marketing Your Business – Strategies, tips and techniques for starting, growing and operating a successful home inspection business
- Commercial Property Inspections – Inspecting commercial buildings, understanding ASTM international standards (formerly American Society for Testing Materials)
- Using Drones to Inspect Rooftops – Inspecting rooftops without climbing up a ladder
Click here to watch a demonstration of an ICA online video training module.
Other Benefits of ICA’s Georgia Home Inspection Training
ICA provides the most comprehensive home inspector training in Georgia. Here are more benefits you’ll receive when you enroll in ICA’s Georgia home inspector training program:
- Lifetime access to all ICA online home inspection courses and training materials
- Free one-year membership to InterNACHI, a leading professional organization
- ICA graduates receive certifications for both residential and commercial property inspections
- Radon and Mold certification courses are included in your tuition (if purchased separately, these are a $200 value)
- Free Report Form Pro 2 inspection reporting software
- Training videos on how to conduct roof inspections via drone
- Unlimited support from ICA instructors
- Free mobile app with more than 700 test questions to practice for the National Home Inspector Exam
Compare us to other home inspector training schools and you’ll see why Inspection Certification Associates is your best choice for home inspector training in Georgia.
Why Choose ICA?
ICA is a leader in the home inspection training field. We’re passionate about guiding the next generation of home inspectors through the training process. Fast, affordable and convenient, ICA offers the flexibility so many aspiring Georgia home inspectors demand. You can begin your new career in a matter of weeks! Once you complete our program, you’ll be issued a certification number you can list on your website, business cards and inspection reports — it’s that simple.
Why put it off? Enroll now and you’ll soon be on your way to starting your own business as a Georgia home inspector.
Got more questions?
Need more information or still have questions about ICA’s Georgia home inspector training? Browse through the FAQs below, or call us at 888-374-4096. We’re here to help you get started on your way to an exciting and rewarding new career as a home inspector in Georgia.
How do I become a home inspector in Georgia?
As stated above, once you complete our course, you become a certified home inspector. Upon completion of the course, we will mail out your home inspection certification and issue you your certification number. That number is what you’ll want to put on your business cards and home inspection reports. At that point, you’re ready to go!
How much money do home inspectors make?
The average salary for a home inspector in Georgia is approximately $72,000 per year.
How much does a home inspection pay?
The average fee for a home inspection in Georgia is $370. The amount you charge for a home inspection will vary based on age and square footage of the home. We cover that all during the online home inspection course.
Is your home inspection training course recognized by InterNACHI?
Yes. We work very closely with InterNACHI. In fact all of our graduates receive a free one year membership to InterNACHI.
Is your home inspection training class recognized by ASHI?
Yes. We work closely with the American Society of Home Inspectors. In fact, we train you specifically to the ASHI standards of practice and our training is certified Gold by ASHI.
Is your home inspection training class recognized by NAHI?
In 2016 NAHI merged with ASHI, so NAHI no longer exists as a home inspection membership organization.
Does Georgia require continuing education for home inspectors?
No. Continuing education is not required for home inspectors in Georgia.
Will you mail me a certification?
Yes. We mail out your home inspection certification to you upon completion of our online course.
What should I use for my inspection report when I perform a home inspection?
We have an arrangement with www.homeinspectionform.com, in which our graduates receive a free copy of their Report Form Pro home inspection reporting software. That is the report that most of our graduates start with since it is so easy to use. Normally selling for $400, the Report Form Pro 2 home inspection report can be printed and filled out by hand or filled out on your smartphone, tablet, or computer. You can even put in photos easily. There is also a mobile app version of their home inspection report that can be used on an Android or Apple mobile device. At the end of the day, all that matters is that you have a home inspection report form with which you’re comfortable. These are both good home inspection report options.
Does the online home inspection course for Georgia have a time limit?
No. There is no time limit on our course, so you can take as much time as you would like to complete it.
Do you provide a list of tools that I need for performing a home inspection?
Yes. We provide you with a list of tools needed. The total cost of the tools including your moisture meter and combustible gas detector comes out to roughly $200.
What about marketing materials?
We suggest using www.vistaprint.com for your business cards, brochures, and company website if you set one up. They are very affordable and even have templates specific to home inspection businesses.
Do you offer my state test?
There is no state exam for home inspectors in Georgia.
Do you send my certificate to the board?
There is no home inspection board in Georgia.
Can I start my own business after taking your online home inspection course?
Yes. In fact, the majority of our graduates will start their own successful home inspection business after completing our course. We also train you on the whole marketing and business start-up side of things.
What if I have questions during the course?
We have full support for all students and graduates, both during and after the course. Even if you have questions when you are on a home inspection, we can assist.
Do I need to be a home builder to be a home inspector?
No. We train students from all different backgrounds to be successful home inspectors.
It doesn’t matter whether you want to become a home inspector in Atlanta, Savannah, Augusta, Marietta, Athens, Macon, Alpharetta, or Roswell. Our online home inspection course can be completed from anywhere! What are you waiting for? Enroll now to start an exciting new career as a home inspector in Georgia!